Genoa is becoming the boating capital: 369 million euro turnover in 2019. “But we need more space to attract suppliers and new vessels”
- 16 October 2020
Address: Corso Mazzini – Foce Armea 18038 Sanremo (IM)
Telephone: 0184 – 514484
Cantieri del Mediterraneo srl in Sanremo (Imperia) has been working in the pleasure boating industry from the beginning of the 60s offering many different types of services for vessels in fibreglass, wood, or metal.
In the past, the company has carried out important restoration projects, constructed the entire range of Ouragan, some 19m specimens and the AMC20 series.
Recently the company has completed the refurbishment of its warehouse, inside which can be stored vessels of up to 30m in length. Currently, it covers a surface area of 4,500 m2 in the open and 1,550 m2 covered.
A travel lift and motorised trailer are used to move boats inside the warehouse.
The shipyard can tow vessels up to 36m in length and 130 tonnes in weight; in the 2011-2012 season, the company towed, among others, two Mangusta 108s, an Amer 116 (twice) and a Pershing 115.
A vast range of services are offered, in particular:
– towage for hull inspection
– application of antifouling products
– waterproofing treatments
– leak prevention treatments
– winter storage, painting of hulls and topside
– carpentry and complete internal renovation
– teak decking
– resin processing
– assembly of bow and stern propellors and stabilisers
– electric, electronic and plumbing systems
– motor and generator servicing
– removal and inspection of engines
– dismasting sailboats
– documentation for VAT excluded vessels
– RINA and MCA certification
In addition, space is made available for small pleasure boats for carrying out in-person maintenance.
Inside the shipyard is a mechanic shop, a woodworking shop of 200m2 and a warehouse with spare parts used for all kinds of vessels.
In 2005, the company obtained ISO 14001 certification (Environmental quality) which it has maintained over the years.